Facebook: $2B Acquisition?

Facebook logoWow, and I thought I’d never see the day when a seemingly small site/business got more than MySpace did.

$2 billion! That’s the supposed number that the founder, Mark Zuckerberg, and his cohorts are holding out for. They already surpassed MySpace in just the dollar figure they have already been offered ($750M). The difference? Facebook founders turned the offer down.

Smart move if you ask me. I think they’ll get their $2B. I don’t think it’s worth that, but hey, I’m not Viacom either (a possible suiter).

What do you think they’ll sell for? Place your bets.

[tags]Facebook, acquired, acquisition, social-networking, community[/tags]

7 Comments on "Facebook: $2B Acquisition?"

1. misha says:

WOW. crazy. what will you pay for my blog?

2. misha says:

i’ll remember that when I am a bestseller and you are languishing in jealousy.

Good, because I don’t want you to worry. The offer will still be available then.

4. Dylan says:

I would pay more for facebook than for MySpace because, in my opinion, facebook is worth more. Facebook isn’t broken all the time. Facebook isn’t as full of spam and annoying, screaming advertisements — and, well, I just like facebook better. I hope that facebook will fare well in the money department.

Dylan, I couldn’t agree with you more. I think they’ll get the $2B, but I think it’ll be overvalued. I think they probably should have taken the $750M offered to them. But, yea, they should definitely beat the pants off of MySpace just on the excellence issue. I can’t stand MySpace at all. Thanks for your contribution.

Misha, I’d like to change my bid for your blog. I don’t want to buy it, just have an investment in it. So, I’d like to invest $10 in your blog. I realized that your writings attract a crowd that I didn’t know about before, and one that you could easily not just fit into, but capitalize on if you wanted to.

More in Business, Community, General
Duh Gallery: The Simple WordPress Photo Gallery Plugin

I have been looking for a simple plugin for WordPress that just displays photos that I upload. I got tired...