The other day I mentioned my next tweak was lowering the quantity of ads I have on this site. Instead of doing that en masse, I figured I should take a slightly more granular approach.
Next tweak: Remove link units from header
I noticed the CTR was running around 0.6%, which is horrible if I’m going to try to increase revenue considering the theory that the first ads on the page are usually the most expensive (therefore worth the most revenue).
Since the CTR was terrible, I figured let’s try to make the other ones, with higher click through ratios and get the higher revenue.
Summary so far
- May 13, 2007: Add more ads
- May 16, 2007: 1st Goal reached
- May 18, 2007: Statistics check – all going up
- May 18, 2007: Remove link units from header
[tags]stats, adsense, advertising, adwords, google, monetize, blog, project[/tags]