Domain PerfectWorld.com Sells for $30k

Ok, it’s time to admit it. I’m addicted to buying domain names. I don’t think I’d consider myself a true “domainer” yet, because I haven’t really figured out the industry completely yet. But, I’ve dabbled.

The thing is, I just happened to run across an article which mentions the domain name PerfectWorld.com sold for $30k.

Interesting, to say the least.

I own the domain name PerfectSpace.com (obviously), and if I received an offer in that range, I’d probably take it. I love the name, hand chosen for my business, but everyone has a price right?

Feel free to give me an offer if you’re interested. Make me into a “domainer”. I dare ya!

[tags]domaining, domain[/tags]

9 Comments on "Domain PerfectWorld.com Sells for $30k"

1. Aaron says:

Hi my name is Aaron and I’m addicted to buying domains. There really should be a domain buyers anonymous.

In the past 2 months I’ve bought 200 domains. I’m just getting started as well.

Hi Aaron,

I completely agree. I’ve got about 60 domain names or so, but not too many of them are great ones. There’s a few I bought for fun, a few for other projects I haven’t gotten to yet (might never), and a few for the natural type-in traffic.

What are you buying for? With that many purchases, it sounds like you’re after type-in traffic. Are you really finding that many out there?

3. Aaron says:

Nate,

I buying for a couple of things.

Quick resells on keyword domains
    Generic Keyword sites for type in
    Generic Brandable domains
    Hold and Develop domains

I’ve got quite a few that I have no interest in but would be good made for adsense domains. A few good typos, a handful of decent generics, and a handful of brandable domains.

I’ve found a few sources to pick up domains but you really have to sift to find the good ones. My best ones have come from expired domains and non registered domains.

Oh, and I see you bought PixelTorch. Who was it that owned that? I think I know him, but can’t remember who it was. Congrats on the acquisition.

Mind if I ask where you go to find your expired domains? Those always seem better from my experience.

5. Aaron says:

Thanks. I bought pixeltorch off of Ryan Glasgow who actually designed my site.

I’d be happy to tell you where I get my expired domains just send me an email.

6. Dennis says:

Are they making a movie called Perfect World or something? Thats a lot of money for a domain.

7. Liam says:

I wanna buy domains, and human beings. Where do you buy your domains Nateronics?

Dennis, I have no idea. But hey, if they want to sell it at that price, I’m happy to take offers near that price too.

Liam, I get my domain names from namecheap.com. They’re not the cheapest in the biz at $8.88 per domain (.info domains are cheaper), but I like their interface to manage them and their support.

9. Aaron says:

Dennis,

Although that is a rather large sum of money it is not that much for a quality domain. It’s just a matter of the current market and how badly the buyers wants that online real estate.

Chinese.com just sold for 1 million dollars. Along with several other domains that have broken the multi million dollar mark recently.

More in Business, General, Projects
$15 Amazon Affiliate TinyURL Link Creator Script

Remember the Amazon Affiliate TinyURL Link Creator Script I made for Jed a while back? Well, a few people asked...