It’s Come To My Attention That It’s BlogDay

Blog Day 2007It’s come to my attention that today, August 31st, is BlogDay2007. Since I’m still on “vacation”, I might as well participate. And, just for the record… I don’t know why their logo looks like “$310,000 day” either. It’s weird.

According to BlogDay.org:

BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.

With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.

Here’s my 5 recommendations, in no particular order with little particular preference and with almost no particular premeditation involved (I read about 120 blogs every day, give me a break):

• Global Spin, by Chris Radcliff. He’s a friend, and he usually writes about cool eco-green-earth-friendly-tree-hugging, geeky, robotic, piratey stuff. Oh, and he’s working on (in his mind) a way to get reverse gravity to work. I asked him to promise me the first hoverboard though… so don’t even ask.
  • Geekologie. It’s not as geeky as the name. They’ve got cool stuff on that blog on a daily basis. If you’ve never heard of this blog, ah friend, you are missing out on a whole part of life which needs attention.
  • Darren Barefoot is a pretty good blogger too. I read his stuff simply because he and his wife moved to frickin’ Malta of all places and he’s still as stud. Plus, he’s Canadian and Canadians just crack me up.
  • Now, I’m not considered “young” anymore now that I’m 30, but I still like to pretend. If you’re young physically, or just mentally give a looksie at Young Go Getter. Watch them squirm under their own brilliance.
  • Common Craft by Lee and Sachi LeFever is a great blog as well. Their writing isn’t quite up to par with their personalities, but their videos rock. You may have seen RSS in Plain English, their debut? It’s outstanding. They are great folks in the Seattle area and I’d recommend them to anyone.

And, there it is. Any questions?

[tags]blogday2007, blog day[/tags]

11 Comments on "It’s Come To My Attention That It’s BlogDay"

1. Travis says:

Thanks for the love Nate.

Not sure if we squirm under our own brilliance. Maybe ignorance. ;)

Travis… :) I thought about saying something like that, but then I thought… “Hey, I like these guys… they’re better than that. In fact, they’re brilliant.”

Then I edited it as such. I don’t even know what the phrase means, but it sounded poetic when I wrote it. Meh… Whatever, you guys are awesome, and I love reading your blog.

And thanks for the comment. I do appreciate it.

3. Travis says:

Quite poetic. lol

4. Darren says:

I don’t know exactly what it means, but I may adopt “Still as Stud” as my new slogan. Thanks for the pluggage.

Hah… well in the Nateopedia, “still a stud” means “it’s harder for me to get into direct contact with you and have a coffee”. But, now that you’ve commented on my page, we’re BFFs forever, man! *stalking commence*

No really, my wife and I are planning on heading over to Nice in about a year or so. I started reading your blog mostly because I wondered what it was like working in that general area of the world and still trying to do internet-based stuff.

Anyway, if you’re not already freaked out by me and if you’re around in a year… how about we get together and have coffee?

6. Lee LeFever says:

For what it’s worth, Darren is a stud and I’m a bit jealous that I can’t use the slogan now. Thanks for the shout out Nate!

Lee, that comment was worth a LOT. I mean, to give Darren props like that…. If I were him, I’d pay you. Oh wait, have you seen his home office? Nevermind. Maybe he can’t pay you that much.

Hey! I’ll pay you if you and he come drink coffee with me sometime! How’s that for a brilliant idea?

8. Darren says:

Sure, though I don’t think we’re going to be on the same continent for a while…

Hey, that’s no problem. Whenever we are, I’m holding you to that. :)

10. Amber says:

Thanks for recommending Common Craft. I love their presentation style – it’s refreshingly low-tech, and effective. Next time a client without imagination requests a PowerPoint slideshow, I’ll definitely consider them.

Absolutely Amber. Lee and company are awesome at making those complicated things that we web-chefs make understandable to everyone else. I recommend them to people all the time.

More in Community, General, Techie
Free Book Fridays: The Dip, by Seth Godin

Free Book Fridays: The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick), by Seth...