What’s Remarkable About Airlines?

Eos Airlines

Every once in a while (and I mean a really long while) I find something amazing, outstanding, and otherwise awesome. This evening, while watching David Letterman try to master his own jokes and waiting for the huge rainstorm of 2008 hit San Diego (all 5 inches of it), I found Eos Airlines.

What’s so cool about Eos? Well, if I could actually get a flight on one of their jets, I’ll take photos and scream like a high school boy “sandwich artist” with that cracking voice and everything.

Right now it looks like Eos only travels from New York to London and back. I might just want to travel to London from New York just to experience it. Here’s the scoop.

* A fleet of 757 jets which normally fit 220 people in it is paired down to 48 “seats”
* Gives you 21 square feet of space. 21 frickin feet that is.
* Gives you Bose noise-canceling headphones
* Gives you your own “media center” (I think that’s a DVD player+TV etc)
* A 6′ 6″ bed. Six feet, six inches. That’s bigger than my bed at home.
* Full sized, down pillows.
* Gourmet meals, on napkins, not delivered on carts. Personally delivered.
* Dine face to face with your companion if you’d like.

If anyone wants to give me a free flight so I can promote it for you, I’ll happily take you up on it in a heartbeat negotiate with you.

Eos Airlines

10 Comments on "What’s Remarkable About Airlines?"

1. Nice. Really nice. I can see this as a good choice for a second honeymoon or a “newly retired” celebration. $3K per round-trip ticket isn’t bad compared to most first-class trips, and streamlined boarding and disembarking makes a big difference.

Yea, tell me about it. I’m thinking of taking a trip to NYC just so I can take a trip to London, have dinner, breakfast, midnight snack, whatever, and then fly back. I’d probably get better sleep on that than I do in my own bed.

I wonder how many of the people on this airline are inaugurated into the Mile High Club on these planes… heh.

4. Surefire Boy says:

$3 k is kind of steep; however, Al Quaida would probably be less likely to high jack one of these flights considering their cost. They could high jack 220 people for a fraction of the cost.

Nate, you should see if they’d give you a free “test” flight so you could review it on your blog?

Surefire Boy,

Man, I would love to. I’ve gotten free stuff before by blogging. I’d LOVE to get a free flight. If it were one-way, though, it would not be the most expensive thing I’ve gotten from blogging. Round trip, though… oh baby! I can feel those down pillows now. Mmmm…..

6. SureFIre Boy says:

The worst would be if you received a free flight there, and had to fly coach back… You’d notice things on the “coach” flight that you’d never noticed before.

It seems that a $3 k ticket may be easily justifiable because of the networking you could do. You would probably be in contact with a lot of CEO’s, etc. Much different than trying to network on a city bus.

Hey, count me in.

Anyone from Eos. I know people. And those people know people. And some of the people those people know know about this blog and my kinda people. How about you get your people to talk to me (since my people are VA’s and I’d rather talk directly), and we’ll do a pretty sweet deal. Eh? contact me if you’re interested.

8. Tom says:

Great stuff. It’s the Mercedes of airplanes. I wouldn’t consider it the Maybach though, since your own Gulfstream would be a match for that.

It would be cool though, if you could test fly one of their planes and put a review up here. I’m sure a lot of people are interested as they probably don’t meet a person everyday that’s capable of being a passenger on such jet.

9. Amber says:

I shop flights by legroom and this is very cool. For once, my 6’6″ husband could fit in the seat/bed, instead of having his knees jammed around the seat in front and his feet trampled in the aisle.

Eos would be smart to let you spread the word. Thanks for letting me know!

Well, thanks for all your thoughts. I actually wrote a few folks at Eos to see if they’ll comp me a free ticket or two to try it out. If they do I’ll certainly be writing about it as I expect it would be one fantastic flight.

Thanks for the encouragement folks. Please feel free to keep spreading the word about this post. The more attention I get here, the better chance I have to get a flight from them.

Thanks everyone!

More in Business, General, Leadership
New WordPress Theme, New Bugs and Blog Sponsorships

As we all know, I dislike advertisements, so I'm working on a deal with the folks from hashtags.org. I love...