Every once in a while (and I mean a really long while) I find something amazing, outstanding, and otherwise awesome. This evening, while watching David Letterman try to master his own jokes and waiting for the huge rainstorm of 2008 hit San Diego (all 5 inches of it), I found Eos Airlines.
What’s so cool about Eos? Well, if I could actually get a flight on one of their jets, I’ll take photos and scream like a high school boy “sandwich artist” with that cracking voice and everything.
Right now it looks like Eos only travels from New York to London and back. I might just want to travel to London from New York just to experience it. Here’s the scoop.
* A fleet of 757 jets which normally fit 220 people in it is paired down to 48 “seats”
* Gives you 21 square feet of space. 21 frickin feet that is.
* Gives you Bose noise-canceling headphones
* Gives you your own “media center” (I think that’s a DVD player+TV etc)
* A 6′ 6″ bed. Six feet, six inches. That’s bigger than my bed at home.
* Full sized, down pillows.
* Gourmet meals, on napkins, not delivered on carts. Personally delivered.
* Dine face to face with your companion if you’d like.
If anyone wants to give me a free flight so I can promote it for you, I’ll happily
take you up on it in a heartbeat negotiate with you.