Affiliate Marketing Blogs for Charity

1 for charity I’ve admitted I’m an affiliate marketer in the past, and other than the money this fact doesn’t give me warm fuzzies because of a few unscrupulous folks who give it a bad name. But, every now and then I run across a decent soul who I thank for inspiration. Jonathan Volk is one of those guys, and it seems Chad Frederiksen is becoming another. I don’t know a ton about Chad yet, but he inspired me today, and that counts for something.

Chad wrote an article challenging other affiliate marketers to give away a portion of their ad space on their blogs to promo the charity of their choice.

Admittedly, it’s not a huge act, and it certainly doesn’t amount to much compared with the kind of money some of these guys make, but it’s a step in a good direction.

Considering I don’t make a ton of money off of my blog advertisements anyway, it doesn’t cost me much to do either. But, I should have done this a long time ago anyway. I love what Giving Anonymously does and stands for, thus I’ve created this button and added it to my sidebar:

If you feel so inclined, I would like to extend the challenge to you as well. You don’t have to be an affiliate marketer either. If you have a blog at all, I challenge you to advertise your favorite charity and link directly to them. It can’t hurt, it can help, and it’s not hard. Enough said.

7 Comments on "Affiliate Marketing Blogs for Charity"

1. John says:

Thats awesome

To let you know, you can suggest your charity on http://www.sazzz.com. Its a Webportal/Community website that donates all profits to a charity of the month chosen by its ecommunity

Thanks for the comment John. I don’t really see the point of Sazzz, but, I wish you the best of luck with that.

3. Kyle says:

Hey Nate,
    givinganonymously.org is such a great idea. amazing job!

Thanks Kyle. :)

5. Akz says:

Nate.. i think that’s an awesome idea.. i will try to apply on my blog as well.. Cheers..!!

6. trivaniteam says:

The site is good.you would have been hosting the image anyway ;)
    Yes image and text links are ALL welcome, just let me know the details and I will throw it up there :)

7. steve says:

Attention! I am posting this in hopes of getting the word out about a piece of malware called the iGive Shopping Network that is preying upon charities and non-profits. DO NOT! load this software onto your system and please alert any charities or non-profits you’re associated with about this software. Once installed, it cannot be removed, even at the root level. It takes 50% of your CPU even running in the background disabling some functions and bringing others to a crawl. These issues have been brought to the company’s attention without acceptable response.

More in Business, General, Ideas, Leadership
Weekly Del.icio.us

Shared bookmarks from nateritter iDemocracy3 - Automated Jailbreak, Activation and Unlocking of iPhones with complete Media management for Applications, Ringtones...