List of San Diego Angel Investors

Just for fun I figured I’d throw together all the angel investor groups/programs I know of located (at least partially) in San Diego.

In no particular order, here we go:

If you have any other resources of angel networks, groups, or incubators that I should add to this list, please let me know in the comments.

Thanks.

Nate Ritter is the leader of Perfect Space, a San Diego based web development firm where he is more opinionated about helping companies get ROI than this other stuff. He makes stuff work, and cares about process and quality. More here →

12 Comments on "List of San Diego Angel Investors"

1. Steffan says:

Funny, I’ve spend the last few weeks putting together a similar Silicon Valley/Boston/Boulder list. During my search, I’ve gotten really turned on to the idea of applying for the Startup Accelerator TechStars (http://www.techstars.com ). The attrition rate is tiny (1% of applicants make the cut), but the benefits seem to outweigh the costs. The program is 12 weeks, you get access that you’d never otherwise get, 80% of the companies get angel funding, you get 200K worth of perks if you get accepted. The application is due in the fall – 12 weeks.

We could get started on kickstarter in the summer, get enough money to get going and then get a boost in January if we made the cut.

And yes, I already have an idea I’ve been aggressively developing that I want to share with you. ;-).

• Nate Ritter says:

Sounds awesome man. And hey, if you want to share your list, let me know. I’m happy to post it here if you don’t think it fits your own site.

TechStars is awesome, that’s for sure. I did some research a while back on all the incubators like them and Y Combinator and found their success rate was astonishingly high (by “success” I mean they are still around after 2 years). That right there says a lot about the quality of street-education and networking you get to keep your baby rolling.

As for your idea, you know me. I’m all ears.

2. Steffan says:

Ive already started putting something together for you. we’ll chat in the next few weeks before I go to toronto.

3. Kerwin says:

Is their a list of Angels for Orange County, CA?

4. Frank Silas says:

Thank you for posting the San Diego list. The Aztek Venture Network site is no longer up, and San Diego Launch Lab is no longer investing. They are working on their own projects now.

• Nate Ritter says:

Thanks Frank. I’ve updated the post re: Aztek, but will leave Launch Lab for the moment. I also removed your solicitation for funding as that’s technically illegal to do in public, and I’d hate for you to get into trouble by doing that unknowingly. Good luck on your progress though.

5. Ted Bradley says:

thanks for the resource. bill payne’s website says do not contact unless 100 miles from vegas. may want to remove from list.

1. FUNDING YOUR “BIG BANG” IDEA: Part 1. Angel Funding | MIT Enterprise Fourm

Got something to say? Go for it!

Current ye@r *